Welp.
I haven't written a formal digital entry since the dawn of Covid, and in re-reading the last one I did pen, it's clear that I was not immune to the aftershock of quarantine and working from home. In just a week, I knitted two scarves, baked bread, rearranged my house twice, and spent an obscene amount of money on books and gear for when we'd be allowed outside again.
But I made it. We made it. Covid was a hundred years ago now and we're all doing our best to keep up with whatever new, ridiculous headline gets dropped in our lap.
And now we're creeping up to the halfway mark of 2023.
It's easy to feel like I don't have much to show for the year, but also what has happened so far has re-ignited me in more than one way. I'm approaching new beginnings that are both terrifying and wonderful.
I said goodbye to my old string of digital diatribe, which was an oddly difficult thing for me to do: almost 12 years of poetry, memories, heartbreaks, victories, and mundane moments all rolled into one non-linear stream of consciousness that I dared share to the world. There was just.... so much there, that it didn't feel right to do anything other that start fresh.
Because that's what I'm doing.
Feel free to tune in.. or out.
Here's to the first of many fresh starts.
♥|cmd

No comments:
Post a Comment