July 2023
A Recap
July 2023
A Recap
July 2023
A Recap
July 2023
A Recap
July 2023
A Recap
July has come and gone, but I want to look back and remember the spaces both familiar and new that I found throughout the month in 2023. I'm slowly but surely welcoming the fit that is my own skin, and my soul feels sunkissed and satisfied.
Some highlights from just this month:
* Started the literal month off on July 1st with a backyard bonfire and game night, where climber friends from almost every one of the Cincinnati gyms converged, for a near all-nighter of big laughs, hilarious game answers, and a thankfully short-lived excursion to track down my dog who ran away in at 1am (he's fine).
* On July 2nd (ha, I promise there's not a day-by-day play here), Sara and I joined Tommy & Marcus for a float that almost didn't happen on account of torrential downpouring, but ended up being one of the best days I've had on the water in.. well, a while.
* Next was a doxie day date with Justin and his pup, which felt important because Auggie's in his new-friend Summer too, and my concerns with his social skills in closed settings is waning. He's doing great, and seems to know that we're all turning over new leaves (aka not biting our friends.. ha)
* My job changed at the beginning of July, which I've already somewhat detailed in prior entries, but the side effects of this have proven to make me a much tolerable person come 6pm daily. I'm digging my heels into the podcasting space and just learning, learning, learning.. and psyched to be doing it.
* Water & Woods! I've lived practically on the Little Miami for five years now, and while I've dabbled with it, this Summer (with July being unusually saturated) has drawn me to the banks more than to the rocks. I mean, it is honestly hot AF out there, so this makes sense, but I've experienced the happy accident of coordinating with other people to float around with. I replaced an old SUP, and added 2 more to the collection for good measure. I've also been more intentional in embracing the feral forest girl vibe, and despite this year's tick bonanza, have found just so. much. solace in the silence of the trees.
* Climbing, climbing, climbing.. I know I just said I haven't visited the rocks much this year - by that I meant the outdoor rocks. As of this entry, I'm nursing a mild wrist injury that I'm unsurprised I have, based on the fact that I've been in there nonstop.
* Acro and aerial yoga? Yes, that's been in here too.
* Survivor 2023! Go see the last entry for that one.
* Damanji was here for a week(ish) on leave from Turkey (USAF), and while seeing him might seem a pedestrian note for this list, I won't see him again for at least another 1-1.5 years. My heart was so full that we were able to carve some space.
* Sydni! We had Summer theater camp, which she got to do with her sister - special in that it will be the only camp they'll be able to do together just due to their ages, so it was incredibly cool to be a part of that. She and I have found some new depths of our quality time together and I've sat back more than a dozen times in awe of the fact that I get to be that girl's mom.
* Food, friends, dogs, water, rock, forest, sand, more food, and a renewed interest in myself have put July 2023 at the top of the list of things I'm not sure can be topped.
* Started the literal month off on July 1st with a backyard bonfire and game night, where climber friends from almost every one of the Cincinnati gyms converged, for a near all-nighter of big laughs, hilarious game answers, and a thankfully short-lived excursion to track down my dog who ran away in at 1am (he's fine).
* On July 2nd (ha, I promise there's not a day-by-day play here), Sara and I joined Tommy & Marcus for a float that almost didn't happen on account of torrential downpouring, but ended up being one of the best days I've had on the water in.. well, a while.
* Next was a doxie day date with Justin and his pup, which felt important because Auggie's in his new-friend Summer too, and my concerns with his social skills in closed settings is waning. He's doing great, and seems to know that we're all turning over new leaves (aka not biting our friends.. ha)
* My job changed at the beginning of July, which I've already somewhat detailed in prior entries, but the side effects of this have proven to make me a much tolerable person come 6pm daily. I'm digging my heels into the podcasting space and just learning, learning, learning.. and psyched to be doing it.
* Water & Woods! I've lived practically on the Little Miami for five years now, and while I've dabbled with it, this Summer (with July being unusually saturated) has drawn me to the banks more than to the rocks. I mean, it is honestly hot AF out there, so this makes sense, but I've experienced the happy accident of coordinating with other people to float around with. I replaced an old SUP, and added 2 more to the collection for good measure. I've also been more intentional in embracing the feral forest girl vibe, and despite this year's tick bonanza, have found just so. much. solace in the silence of the trees.
* Climbing, climbing, climbing.. I know I just said I haven't visited the rocks much this year - by that I meant the outdoor rocks. As of this entry, I'm nursing a mild wrist injury that I'm unsurprised I have, based on the fact that I've been in there nonstop.
* Acro and aerial yoga? Yes, that's been in here too.
* Survivor 2023! Go see the last entry for that one.
* Damanji was here for a week(ish) on leave from Turkey (USAF), and while seeing him might seem a pedestrian note for this list, I won't see him again for at least another 1-1.5 years. My heart was so full that we were able to carve some space.
* Sydni! We had Summer theater camp, which she got to do with her sister - special in that it will be the only camp they'll be able to do together just due to their ages, so it was incredibly cool to be a part of that. She and I have found some new depths of our quality time together and I've sat back more than a dozen times in awe of the fact that I get to be that girl's mom.
* Food, friends, dogs, water, rock, forest, sand, more food, and a renewed interest in myself have put July 2023 at the top of the list of things I'm not sure can be topped.
But August is here, and it's looking just as good.
Gratitude is at an all time high, and I'm just here for the ride.
Gratitude is at an all time high, and I'm just here for the ride.
♥|cmd
No comments:
Post a Comment